PEOPLE WHO HAVE EYELIDS THAT TEND TO DROOP AND SAG KNOW HOW FRUSTRATING THEY CAN BE. THE LOOSE SKIN MAKES APPLYING EYE MAKEUP A LOT TRICKIER AND IT ALSO CAUSES THEM TO APPEAR OLDER, MORE TIRED AND WORN OUT. FOR MOST PEOPLE, THE CONDITION IS TYPICALLY A NATURAL RESULT OF AGING, BUT IN SOME CASES, IT’S CAUSED BY NERVE DAMAGE, DISEASE, OR AN INJURY.
Other than plastic surgery, there isn’t much one can do about sagging eyelids that’s effective and affordable, but don’t give up hope just yet! Many people have found an easy and inexpensive home remedy that works for them and involves just a single egg.
While eggs are popularly known for being incredible and edible, they also go well beyond the realm of omelets and the breakfast table. For thousands of years, the little shelled ovals have to be used in a variety of homemade, do-it-yourself beauty treatments. People mix them up into all sorts of masks and facial treatments that are targeted for hydrating skin and hair, preventing acne, diminishing blemishes and scars, eliminating blackheads, and now tightening up the skin around their eyes. Here’s what to do:
1. Clean your face of all makeup and pat it dry.
2. Crack open one egg and remove the yolk.
– To easily separate an egg crack it onto a plate. Take an empty water bottle, remove the cap, squeeze a bit of air out, and then use it to suck up yolk.
3. Using a cotton swab, apply the egg white to your eyelids. Don’t skimp on the coverage or amount, you want to use a lot, but not so much that it drips.
-Be careful and make sure you don’t get any in your eyes
4. Keep your eyes closed and wait for the egg whites to completely dry.
5. Wash your face and pat dry.
Results will be seen immediately and typically last for a couple of days. You can do this application once a week or every day if you wish since it’s completely safe and all-natural. The accompanying video goes over some helpful exercises you can do to further tighten saggy eyelids and reduce wrinkles.
What are you waiting for? Grab an egg and try it out for yourself!